Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Cool Break

Yesterday after Tyler's soccer game we needed to cool off from the heat so decided to go up to Big Bear Lake (about 1.5 hours away--a drive distance we are now so used to doing if we want to do anything at all).  It was over 100 degrees at our house, which it has been for over 3 months now, but only 75 up in Big Bear, so needless to say it was great.  We packed a picnic (of which the kids ate only the chips and fruit rolls and juice--they didn't touch their sandwiches) and went on a hike so short it barely qualifies as one, the boys built a fort and we all had a nice time.  In this picture, Tyler was pouting for who knows why.  Too bad but I guess it typifies him right now--Dr Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.  Of course in the car on the way back my kids kept saying how hungry they were...well, duh.  They didn't eat their lunches.  I think my car has a radar in it that makes my kids hungry.  It never fails we get in the car and within 5 minutes, whether or not we just ate, they are whining about how hungry they are.  Argh!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I bet that felt good getting out of the heat and into the cool mountain air!

Katie L. said...

Nice! I like Tyler's haircut, and I sure miss that pouting face! Ha!

Mindy said...

Wow, Kelly I don't know how you are doing that heat while you are pregnant. You are a trooper. Glad you found a cooler place for a while.