Sunday, August 10, 2008

Okay, so here's my first real blogging story.  Tonight I put Jacob to bed and we usually sing a couple of songs.  We sang a train song and then I asked him if he wanted the "Popcorn Song."  He took his hand, put it to his mouth and acted as though he were eating it, then puts his hands up in the air, shrugs his shoulders and says, "I ate it, it's all gone."  Sounded like "I ade it, is aw gonn."  I guess no popcorn song tonight!  
I know Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, but in our family they are one of the busiest days of the week.  Eric has meetings from 8 a.m. until 10:30, when we go to church at 11:00.  Eric inevitably is asked last minute to speak or teach a class.  I sit with the boys by myself since Eric is up on the stand and get up to play the piano for hymns, when of course the boys come up to me while I am playing to ask me questions.  After sacrament we rush out to the car to drive over the next set of buildings.  I rush Jake to nursery, run to Primary where I am the pianist as well as first counselor, and try to get things set up for Sharing Time which I do every couple weeks, and also try to find subs for the teacher who don't show up.   After, I hurry and clean up and then get the boys back in the car to come home for snack while Eric stays late to do tithing and setting apart people.  Finally we get home, settled and can relax, but it certainly is not a day of rest!

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

Wahoo! You finally did it! The boys will be do happy that they can keep up with you guys now and so will I! I agree with you about Sundays...they are more work than the day of rest we are suppose to get!

Hillary said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! I am so glad you started a blog. Welcome to the world of blogging. It really isn't that hard.