Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I wanna be a part of it....



As most of you know, Eric and I took a little trip to NYC this past weekend.  He was going on an army recruiting trip to speak at Columbia Dental School and so we had free hotel, he flew free, got a daily stipend.  He asked me if I wanted to go and I said, "Don't you know me at all?  Any chance to travel and pawn my kids off for a couple days is AOK!"  So I found a cheap flight and convinced my mom (poor soul) to watch the turkeys for a few days.  I won't go into too much detail, except to say we slept in, ate out, went to the movies and had a great time.  We even got to watch some of the filming of Ben Stiller in "Night at the Museum 2".  Pretty groovy.  It was nice to visit the East Coast again.  Weather was great and Eric's "speech" turned out to be hardly anything and it only took him away for 2 hours total on Sunday evening.  Not too shabby for Kelly!  The pics are Eric in Central Park and me at the Statue of Liberty--I have no idea who that other guy is in the pic.  I could've used one more day, but overall, it was very nice.  

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

What an nice break! I was wondering who that other guy was...I thought is was just Eric and he didn't want to get too close! Ha!

Hillary said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. I believe we should never feel guilty pawning off our children for a well derserved vacation! Way to go! Tyler looks so cute and grown up getting on the bus! Horray for school. Enjoy the next few months!!!!

Katie L. said...

I love the new blog look!