Monday, August 11, 2008


I know, I am a crazy blogger now--but a lot is going on right now.  Tonight Eric went out to water the "flowers" (we like to call them flowers even though there isn't a petal on them) when a huge scorpion crawled out from beneath them.  I mean, you can't tell in the picture but this thing is the biggest scorpion I've ever seen--at least 2" long just in it's body and it's tail is another 2 1/2".  Eric thought it would be cool to catch it (I was amenable to killing it myself) so here is a shot of it in one of our (soon to be thrown away) Tupperware containers....   Good thing the boys weren't out there--this was 3 feet from our front door!

6 comments:

Katie L. said...

YUCK!!! That is awful! I wouldn't go outside anymore! That looks like a great party for Tyler. I feel the same about presents. Ben's favorite thing lately is Mat's guitar pick (all of a $1)...and Sam also loves our tongs. He calls them his snappers! I think I need to learn the same lesson you do, buy our kids kitchen utensils and they will be happy!

Jessica said...

Gross! I wouldn't go outside anymore! Cool picture though!

Sharee said...

Would love to have seen the scorpion! It looks cool! Looks like Tyler had an awesome party. Hope you don't cook down there!

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh! That would be enough to keep me from going outside!

Mindy said...

Yay you have become part of the blogging world! I just found out.
That scorpion is gross! But like Indiana Jones said- you only have to worry about the little ones, right? Right!

Jamie said...

So you guys finally got a blog! It seems like forever since we've seen you. I'm going to add your blog to our class website (you can find the link on my blog), I hope you don't mind. You'd think I'd be able to find more of the student council members than just you and Rach! I'm working on Heidi right now to start a blog, so we'll see. Anyways, it's good to read about what you are up to and I hope you post some pics of yourselves soon so we can see how good you all look in your 30's!