Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our First "Real" School Experience

Well, it's official...I have a school-age child.  Tyler had his first week of kindergarten last week and loved it, as did I.  I have to say, I feel a but guilty for not being one of those mothers who cried when her son went to school for the first time.  Tyler was very excited to go which made it better.  And after that first day I knew I was going to like this new situation.  Tyler was getting pretty bored at home this summer and for Tyler BOREDOM = GRUMPINESS.  I took him to school the first day and met his teacher, etc.  She is very nice and seems up to the task (I could never teach 5-year-olds).  He took the bus home starting the first day, and now takes the bus to and from school each day.  He loves it--he feels like such a big boy!  It's nice because I walk him to the bus stop and a teacher meets them at the school, then after school they walk them back to the right bus, etc.  And his bus is only for kindergartners, plus it only makes 2 stops so it is never more than half full.  I was a little worried at first, but it has been fantastic, plus all his friends take the bus with him.  My past week and a half has been great--it's amazing how much easier everything is with only one kid!  I guess in a couple months I won't have that luxury anymore, so I ain't gonna shed a tear--I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

What a big kid! Ben wishes he could ride the bus but I don't think that our school even buses kids...everyone lives too close! Ben starts on Wednesday and I am so excited...but kind of sad at the same time. I must be one of those crazy moms!