Thursday, August 21, 2008

Art? Is that you?


So I just wanted to post a pic of a piece of Dan Flavin's "art" that we saw displayed at the MET in NYC...  Yes, it literally was a regular, joe blow, fluorescent lightbulb hung on the wall at a 45 degree diagonal.  This image is even more exciting because this bulb is yellowish, but the one we saw (I couldn't find an exact image) was regular old white.  The title was "The Diagonal of May.....some date I can't remember.  Even the title was lame.  I tell you what, I know art is in the eye of the beholder, but if this is good enough for the MET then I should start charging people to come into my kitchen--I've got 2!  It's gonna cost you extra to see the recessed flood light at the top of my staircase....

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

Really??? That could make my house FULL of art! Ha!