Monday, August 11, 2008

Tyler's Party




Okay, a quick brief on Tyler's party.  It was a Speed Racer theme and we had 5 kids there....too many if you ask me.  Actually, one was a mistake invite but what can you do.  We had it at our community center.  First we made and painted marshmallow guns which were a huge hit--in fact, several parents asked me for directions to they could make them with their other kids (thanks for the idea Sharee!).  Then we had cake and ice cream (I made a racetrack cake which I saw Hillary made a while ago for Josh's birthday--great minds think alike), opened presents and had a pinata.  Why do I keep buying presents for my kids?  I bought this nice Speed Racer hot wheels track that is really cool (and a but pricey) but his favorite toy of all were these 2 little 2" tall star wars figurines.  He hasn't put them down since.  I swear, my kids are just as happy playing with a cookie scooper and tongs (no exaggeration--Tyler and Jake played with those exact 2 things for over an hour this afternoon) than with a $30 fancy toy.  When will I learn....  I could save all that money and go get pedicures for myself.

2 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Fantastic cake, as usual! Maybe next time the boys are visiting, I'll just open up all the kitchen utensil drawers and let them have fun!! And I'm definitely not venturing outside ever again when I'm at you house....that scorpion would have given me cardiac arrest.

Hillary said...

Great party! I learned a little too late that the best birthday parties are those you have at an outside place, other than your own house. It is SO true about the presents, and I don't think we, as parents, will ever catch on. Looks like Tyler had a great day!