Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Raining Babies

Okay, so my pictures are all out order.  Sometimes I just can't figure this blog thing out but you guys get the idea.  I snapped a few shots of the kids on Sunday before church.  Tyler was accosting Maggie in the name of "playing" with her.  She was pretty happy despite the boys' craziness.  She is actually sitting up a little bit now.  She can stay up for a minute or two before she slowly topples over.  It's like slow motion when she falls over.  Her eyes get wide for a few seconds while she tries to figure out what the heck just happened to her.  
Skip back a few days to Friday.  Eric had the day off work so we decided to go to Disneyland for the day.  Here we are on Small World.  Of course, Jacob has food on his face.  I swear I do bathe my children.  I think they hide a little extra food in their pockets and right after I wipe them down they smear it on their faces just to spite me.  I used to be one of those women (B.C.--"before children") who said, "My kids will never have dirty faces!"  Yeah well, I also said they wouldn't have boogery faces.  Maybe that's why heaven gave me Jacob--to keep me humble.
Look how strong!
And here's our little jailbird.  I should have gotten Jake in this picture.  He's the child most likely to end up there someday.....  (just kidding!)
And now skip forward again to Sunday.  She's so cute I just can't stop staring at her!  Here she is deciding whether or not she likes her brothers running circles around her...
And here is when she decides it is pretty funny...
Now skip back to Saturday (are you dizzy yet?).  I threw a double baby shower for two of my friends and I went all out (but had a total blast doing it).  They both have multiple children of different genders so I did a "Pamper Party."  Everyone brings diapers as the gift and I give them each a basket of pampering supplies for themselves (lotions, etc).  It was so fun.  I also made them each a diaper cake.  It is a cake made totally out of diapers!  They came out so cute.
And I was going to buy a cake but decided I had spent too much money already so made my own.  I got a little daring and tried to do a roll-out fondant icing to decorate it.  I have always wanted to try it so figure this was my chance.  It came out perfect!  I couldn't believe it.  It even tasted good too!  This is the cake--the whole thing is edible!
And here are the diaper cakes...  (one friend was having a girl and the other was having a boy)
So the shower was a success.  I know the general standard is to have a shower for your first baby or the first of a different gender but I didn't care.  There is nothing to do out here so figured it would give us ladies some social time and also it shows them that this baby is just as special as the rest of their kids.  Anyway, last night Eric was sitting on the sofa with Maggie and she would not stop staring up at him.  It was so sweet.  She love her daddy so much!  She lights up whenever he gets home from work.  I love it.

Now skip back to Disneyland.  Here is Eric and Tyler on Small World.  This was the first ride we went on and it is the only time I really remembered to take any pictures (except for the couple in ToonTown) so please to enjoy...

4 comments:

Erin said...

She is very cute and good work on that cake!

Katie L. said...

All those cakes are SO cute! I've always wanted to make cakes like that but I don't dare! Maybe this summer you will have to teach me. She sure looks cute in that dress. I am glad that she can wear it! I always said that I would never lick my finger and then wipe off my kids face but I do that when I don't have anything else! Ha!

Jeri Calder said...

All 3 cakes came out just fantastic! That baby diaper cake is just too cute. Maybe you should advertise at Fort Irwin and set up a home business....you've definitely got a talent for decorating cakes. You'd be a success for sure. Maggie's pictures never cease to make me smile...she is the cutest thing. She makes everyone's heart melt.

Hillary said...

Well aren't you the new Martha Stewart. The cakes were so cute, but the "real" cake was incredible. I am so impressed. Maggie is so cute. I check your blog everyday for new pictures of my cute niece. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER! The boys are cute in their own ways too, but there is just something about that little girl.