Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Utah Trip

Here are a few pictures of the boys in Utah with Eric.  As you can see, this is the entire selection.  Daddy isn't as diligent about taking pictures as mommy.  But the boys had a blast.  Tyler especially.  He got to go fishing a couple times.  The first day he didn't catch anything but he caught some the next day.
And he was most excited to tell me about how he got to drive grandpa's boat!  Apparently he and Eric had so much fun that now Eric is set on someday getting a boat like this.  
Happy boys!  But crazy drivers...
I love the lifejacket in this one...
So that's all.  They definitely had fun.  Jacob's new thing is telling stories.  Whenever Eric puts the boys to bed he always tells them a story (and they love it--I however, can never think of any interesting stories about my childhood whatsoever....I must have done SOMETHING fun when I was a kid....).  His story starts out, "When I was a little boy..."  In Eric's story, it progresses to say that he was camping and heard a noise outside of his tent like a bear or something, and blah blah blah it turns out to be Grandpa.  So Jacob now always asks me (and I used child spelling to help you envision it coming from Jacob), "Mommee, do you wan to heer uh story?  Win I wuz liddle boy, I herd noize.  It wuz a (insert dangerous animal here)!  An it sed RRROOOOORRRRR!!!!" Then Jacob proceeds to tell about how he thwarts the beast, usually involving throwing rocks at it and biting it.  And his story always end off the same, "An then I ade it and had bear meet!  ARRRRR!"  The details vary a bit, but the general idea of the whole thing is the same.  It's like you could do a mad lib with it:  "When I was a little boy I was at (name a place) and I heard a noise.  It was a (dangerous animal).  It had (a scary adjective about the animal, i.e. sharp claws, big teeth. etc.).  So I (any way to conquer the beast--including rock throwing, shooting, yelling or hitting) and then I ate it and had (reinsert animal) meat for dinner and it was yummy!"  So now you know the story I hear at least 5 times a day.  If you ever wonder what I am doing at any particular moment during the day, hearing this would be a good guess.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

We are so jealous. It looks like they had a blast in Utah. We can't wait until it is our turn! Tyler is getting so big. I have to smile...the bedtime stories is so true! Jared tells Josh a story ever night about his childhood and I...well just like you must have not had a fun childhood, and can never come up with something good. It must be a dad thing.