Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pics of Maggie and the Joys of Bunco

As promised, here are a few of my favorites of the pictures of Maggie my friend took.  I like the ones I posted earlier the best, but these are also worth posting, especially for all of you who live too far away to bask in her cuteness...  


I especially love this last one...
Oh, she is so cute and so sweet.  I went to my mom's house for a couple days (Eric took the boys to Utah so it was just me and the Magster--how great is my husband?) and my mom cried when I left--not because of ME, but because she was going to miss MAGGIE.  That just shows what a joy she is to be around.  It makes me scared to have any more kids--should I just "take the money and run" or should I roll the dice one more time?  
As for Bunco,  I started a group when I moved here and it is still going strong--everyone loves it.  I was worried when I started it that it would fizzle out, but something happens at Bunco that everyone wants to go on--and it is more than a game.
I don't mind setting up, rearranging furniture or the crowdedness of my tiny living room with all of ladies there.  I don't even mind cleaning up afterward.  At Bunco, we get to talk.  Talk to people older than 5 years old.  At Bunco, we get to eat without having to grab whatever we can eat in the car on the way to soccer practice.  We get to make jokes about our husbands; we get to worry about how many friends we get to talk to instead of worry about getting children bathed; I get to just be "Kelly" instead of "Mommy" (not that I don't love being mommy--st'd just nice to have a break).  I always find it amusing that even though Bunco is my break from full-time mothering, most of what we all talk about is just that--mothering.  I suppose it is what we know best.  But I love Bunco most of all because, as we talk and laugh, I learn that I am not the only mother whose sweet children misbehave.  I learn that sometimes every wonderful hubby (like man) can act like an unfeeling oaf.  I learn that I am not the only one who sometimes loses my cool with my kids.  I learn that I am not alone in the world and we all struggle with the same issues as we try to be good mothers and wives.  And just being able to vent and laugh about it makes it better.  So my advice for all of you out there who are feeling a little frustrated?  Start a Bunco group--it's magic.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Honestly, is there anything cuter? I am going to BUNCO for the first time here in Louisiana on Saturday, hope I have as good as time as you!