Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pictures Galore

Okay, so when I add more than 5 pictures onto a post I cannot figure out how to keep them in order (you bloggers know what I mean...I hope, otherwise I am just a little "slow").  So these pictures are all wanky but hopefully you can keep up.  As I said, we spent the past few days at my mom's house doing as much as we could squeeze in.  Boy, was it a lot!  We went to Disneyland, the beach, the temple, the park, baseball games and more.  I'll start with the beach since that is the first picture, even though it is the last thing we did.  There is a great little beach not too far from my mom's house.  People call it "Mother's Beach" because it is in kind of a little cove, it is small with a little river running out to the ocean, the waves are small, there are tidepools and it is never crowded.  You can literally sit in one spot and watch your kids wherever they decide to roam.  No chasing or worrying.  It is great.  Right off the bat Tyler makes a friend (that kid can make friends anywhere).  Above, they are trying to pull a huge floating mass of seaweed onto shore.  They worked hard and were somewhat successful.  Jacob joined in to help.
Funny story about the "friend."  The boy said, "I am from Highland, California."  Tyler thought for a minute, then replied, "I'm just from regular California."  It was funny.  Skip ahead to the evening.  Eric took Tyler to an Angels game.  They had front row seats!  Plus, Tyler scored a free jersey from a worker as he was entering the stadium.  Also, during the 7th inning stretch they were throwing bags of peanuts and stuff into the stands.  Before they started Tyler smiled and waved at one of the ladies and she threw her bag of peanuts to Tyler!  He was pretty excited about that!
What a stinkin' cute kid!  Although I hope that bottle of beer in the holder is someone else's!  Otherwise dad isn't allowed to take the kids anywhere!
I stayed at my mom's for the game with the rest of the crew.  Maggie was loving all the attention from Grandma Calder.  She is still the happiest little thing I have ever seen.  She loves attention and loves to be outside.  A winning combination!
Back to the beach--Maggie loved it.  She sat the whole time and played.  And I mean the whole time, almost 3 hours!  She smiled, laughed, ate a bottle, and was happy as a clam.  Luckily she can't crawl yet or keeping her out of the sand would have been a challenge.  On the way out you have to walk up a big hill (small price to pay for "Mother's Beach") and a lady who had been sitting kind of near us asked me, "Is your little girl always that good?"  I couldn't lie, "She sure is!"  She said she was jealous but I assured her I paid my dues with my first two (mostly number 2).
Jacob, Tyler and Eric caught a bunch of crabs in the tidepools.  Jacob was very proud...
Get  look at this monster!  About 4-5 inches across!  That includes it's legs, of course.
The boys always have such a good time here--they never want to leave.  But mommy gets tired of the sand!  Then for the rest of the day the boys complain about sand in their pants!  I told Eric to solve that problem I guess we just need to buy a beach house.
On Father's Day afternoon we went for a family walk at a park.  We fed ducks and the boys climbed trees.  They had the most fun jumping off to dad.  Don't we love daddies?  

Back to Maggie (you dizzy yet?).  Another cute pic of her.  I must have taken a zillion pictures and I couldn't find a single one where she wasn't smiling.  Man, what a lucky break!


At the park she enjoyed gnawing on the stroller seat.  It was funny because she goes to town!  She crinkles her nose up and just eats away.
Bald head, blue eyes, drool and a smile.  That pretty much sums up all my pictures of her.  Even so, I could stare at them all day!
Ty and Eric climbing trees.

Jacob decided to try to put his own helmet on.  He refused help.  That lasted about 3 minutes then he gave up.  I don't blame him--those things are pretty tricky!
We spent a lot of time playing in grandma's hot tub in the backyard.  The boys loved it.  In fact, at Disneyland they asked to go back to g-mas so they could play in the "pool."  Sheesh--haven't I learned by now that a pool is just as fun as the magic kingdom?
I know, you are thinking, where the heck is Kelly in all these pics?  Well, I am the official picture taker.  I need to make a point of being in more shots.
This next one was actually taken the night before we left for my mom's.  We had a fun dinner of waffles with syrup and powdered sugar on them.  Jacob loved the sugar so much he spent the next 5 minutes after dinner licking all that had spilled up off of the chair and table.  I guess that's one way to clean up.
And finally, back to the park.  The boys love to feed the ducks whenever we go.  As usual, Jacob is right up in the action and Tyler is being more cautious.  They are so different!  But I love it when they play nicely together, play like brothers should.  There isn't much better than being able to sit back and watch your kids enjoy each other's company.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable trip, even though it was short.  I guess we'll just have to go back in a couple weeks!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

What a fun vacation and break from the heat! Looks like you were all in heaven!

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a blast! I would love to be able to go to the beach and let the kids play!

Morgan said...

Looks like tons of fun!! I love seeing pictures of your kids...even though Maggie isn't very cute!!

Just kidding, she is only the cutest thing ever!

You can rearrange your photos after they have uploaded. The easiest way I do it is in the "edit html" you cut and paste the picture codes where you want them.