Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tots and toes

Let me first explain that when we water our back lawn (which slopes down pretty significantly) a big dirty water puddle accumulates at the bottom corner of the grass.  Well, yesterday after watering the lawn, I went outside and saw the boys sitting in the puddle of dirty water.  Literally.  I walked over to them and saw that Tyler had a pair of toy tweezers and was trying to get all the bugs up out of the puddle--even though I don't think there were very many.  For a moment I was annoyed, but then laughed.  So grabbed the camera and went outside to get a picture.
The best part is that when I stepped in front of them, Jacob looks up and says, "Uh oh."  Looks over at Tyler and says, "I think we're in big trouble."  Too funny.  He was relieved when I told him it was okay.
Another little tidbit about Fort Irwin that I haven't shared with you (I've talked about the heat, sunsets, insects) is the thorn bushes.  When we first moved here everyone told us we had to take our bikes in to a shop and get "Tuff Liner" on the tires.  We wondered why until we saw this....
That is a very typically sized thorn from one of the many many bushes around here.  These bushes have tons of thorns and they even grow into big trees covered in these.  I think they should be considered lethal weapons--they are sharp!

One side note, is that I have started a little toenail painting business.  I have been doing it for a few weeks now and it started slow but word seems to be getting around.  I don't really care if it ever takes off--I was just wanting something to do around here.  There is a lady in Utah who does it and she is fantastic, I am nowhere near as good as her, but I am getting better.  Here are a couple I did that I thought were cute.  This first one is a 3-year old girl with TINY TOES!  She came in and said, "I want a rainbow with all the colors with pink in back."  A girl who knows what she wants.  So I did my best and I am surprised I got all the colors on there!
This other picture is of a lady who wanted something "not too crazy but still fun."  That was my only direction.  So this is what I did--I think it came out totally cute.  It looks even better in person!  
Anyway, that is my latest venture.  I have pictures of all the toes I have done, but I don't want to post them all.  Maybe every so often I will post my favorites.  The weird thing is that sometimes I think it is easier to do it on myself!  Maybe it is because there is no pressure to have it be perfect.  Anyway, that's all!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your toes are turning out great! Way to go!!