Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baseball!

Here's our little slugger!  Tyler had his first T-ball game on Tuesday.  He got a great hit.  He also caught a few balls in the outfield but wasn't quite sure what to do with the ball once he got it.  At least he is paying more attention--last year he spent the whole game time looking for ladybugs....  Up next is a picture of Jacob's latest work of art.  He took a strawberry cereal bar, broke it up into a bunch of pieces, them stomped them all into the carpet.  I came into the room and found ground up cereal bar and bright red streaks covering my living room carpet.  This picture is just a tiny sampling.  I was so mad!  I thought for sure it wouldn't come out, what with the red dye in the filling, but I steam cleaned it right away and after doing that 2 or 3 times over it all came up.  Phew!  I guess that's what I get for leaving the pantry unlocked.
And here's the picture I promised of Maggie eating her first cereal!  She loved it and did surprisingly well for her first food.  After this we broke down and bought a new high chair.  Our old one was falling apart, plus our house is small so we bought one that collapses flat.  It will be very nice!
This was taken after Tyler's first t-ball game.  We were walking out and Jacob saw these tracks in the dirt.  He stopped and bent down then says, "Daddy look!  Waffles!"  It was pretty funny.   I guess Jake does have his cute moments.
And Maggie is all smiles all the time.  She is such a fun little baby.  She loves to talk and is always making squeaky noises.  She makes our hearts melt!
Now, I don't have any pictures of this, but Tyler played a few April Fool's pranks on dad.  I had forgotten all about April Fool's Day but when Tyler came home he wanted to play some jokes on dad.  So Tyler thought of a few.  He put a plastic spider inside his wallet and had Eric open it when he got home, taped another spider to the computer screen, colored red on paper then taped it to his arm and told Eric he was bleeding, and covered a plastic ball in red paper and told Eric it was an apple.  Ha ha!  They were so funny because they were so obviously thought of by a 5-year-old.  My favorite was the blood on his arm (Eric played along really well).  Together we thought of a couple more.  We put tape, sticky-side out, on the door handle, wrote on toilet paper and left a message in the toilet bowl, and stuffed a leg of my jeans with a towel, put a shoe on the bottom of it then shut it in the laundry room door so it looked like the door shut on my leg.  When Eric came in Tyler yelled, "Dad. mommy's stuck!"  Eric thought that was pretty funny.  Tyler had the best time doing them.  It was really fun.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

That Maggie is so cute, even with a messy face! I can't wait to see her. Although by the time that happens, she will be a momma's girl and want nothing to do with Aunt Hillary. Jacob totally makes me laugh, even when he behaves, there is just something about that kid. Tyler looks like he loves baseball. My boys never got into it, but I am okay with that. Soccer and basketball takes up way to much of our time.