Monday, April 13, 2009

Lots and lots of things...

Okay, I have a lot of things to talk about...   First off, as you may know, my kids love to take pictures and I often find random shots of things I didn't even know they had taken.  Here is one example.  It is nice to see Venom expanding his horizons of friends...Mozart may be a good influence.
Maggie loves it when you move her arms up and down.  She giggles and giggles.  It makes my heart melt.  I am torn because I want her to get a little older so she can do a little more (sit up, hold a bottle, sleep, etc.) but she is so sweet at this age!   Tyler took this shot.
And here is Maggie eating.  She couldn't wait for the oatmeal so somehow got her mouth on the tray and every time I would try to move her she would scream!
Here she is.  I can just tell what she is thinking, "Geez, mom.  Put the stinkin' camera down and feed me some cereal!"
Tyler took this one of me and Maggie.  If I look a little sleep-deprived, well, it's because I am.
And here we are on Easter morning!  It was just me and the kids because Eric was sick.  Poor dad.  But we still had fun.  The boys were amazed that the Easter Bunny could carry so much stuff.  Once again, Jacob has crazy hair.
Tyler loves to play with Maggie and she adores him.  He can make her giggle when no on else can.  Notice the Star Wars spaceship above her head--typical in my house.  Poor Maggie, I will have to stock up on girl toys!
Tyler has a totally goofy face in this one, but they were both very proud of their eggs.  I was pretty proud of myself too because I let them do it completely on their own.  I took precautions--10 layers of towels on the table, dye cups on a cookie sheet with edges, etc.
Jake with his creation--he was very concerned that this egg had a sad face (remember he did it by himself).  He asked me, "Mommy, why is the egg sad?"  I said, "Because you put the smile on upside-down." (notice the tongue on the top of the mouth...)
And Tyler with one of his favorites...
Maggie didn't get left behind on Easter either.  She went to town on the box of her chocolate rabbit.  It probably won't last until she is old enough to eat it, so I guess I'll have to do it.  Being a mom sure is tough sometimes.
And here is Maggie ready for church in her Easter dress (thanks G-ma Swenson!).  It was so froofy (however you spell that) that I wasn't quite sure how to control it!  Getting her into her carseat with this on was a whole new experience.
Me and the kids on Easter.  Jake was being a stinker, big surprise there.  If you notice he is refusing to smile because he wanted to blow spit bubbles.  Ugh!  I hope I have another girl someday!
Maggie LOVED her dress.  I don't know if she loved it because it was so pretty, but she loved sucking on the material.  I couldn't keep her away from it!  I kept trying to get a picture of her laying peacefully on the floor but she thought the dress was too tasty...
This is my best attempt at getting all three kids in a picture.  Tyler is slouching, Maggie is sliding off and appears to fear for her life and Jacob will not smile.  I tried bribes, threats, and everything I could think of but this is the best I got.  I guess 20 years from now it will help me remember what life really was like "back then."

No comments: