Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tyler's Rules

The above picture has no story, it's simply because I think Maggie is so stinkin' cute...  The next picture was a funny moment.  I was in the other room making dinner when I realized Jacob was being too quiet (all mothers know this is a dangerous sign).  So I went to look for him.  I came around the corner and there he was sitting at the desk on the computer.  I asked him what he was doing, "I'n on duh compooder.  I'n workin'."  I thought it was funny and cute, and besides, he was being good leaving me alone so I made the mistake of letting him play on it (I know, I know, big mistake).  Well, the next time I get on the computer it keeps yelling at me all the things I am doing, "Open Safari."  "Close Safari."  "Web browser open." etc. etc.  Apparently he had turned on something called "voice over" I assume for visually impaired people or what I have no idea.  Everything I did it announced out loud and I couldn't even mute it!  For the life of me I could not figure out how to turn it off so until Eric got home I had a verbal play by play of my computer time....
Again, just 'cause she's so stinkin' cute....notice her shirt...
Lastly, as you all know my boys have been waking up around 5:30 a.m. or earlier.  We've put a clock in their room and that keeps them there until 6 a.m. but then it is up and at 'em.  Well, the boys often fight wihle they are awaiting their time to come out and yesterday morning Eric and I heard this from their room, (it is Tyler speaking), "Jacob, these are the rules,  Rule number one, no jumping on me.  Rule number two, no hitting me.  Rule number three no climbing on me.  Rule number four no taking toys away from me.  Rule number five, no screaming at me.  Do you understand the rules Jacob?  Will you obey the rules?"  Jacob thinks for a moment and replies, "Um, no."  Well, it's no wonder Tyler gets frustrated with Jacob!  Now he knows how mommy feels.

3 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Yep, Maggie is stinkin' cute! And Jacob is just a little stinker!

Mom

Hillary said...

Love it! You are teaching Tyler SO well. I can just hear him. Maggie is so dang cute. I just love seeing her pictures. Wish you could have come to Utah, I would have done lots of lovin!

Morgan said...

I miss your kids so much! I even miss the loving banter of Gracey and Tyler! :) I hope we can see each other sometime this summer. I have GOT to hold your sweet Maggie!