Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It can't be this easy...

I have quite a few things to talk about.  First is that Fort Irwin really isn't all that bad.  Everyone who comes here says how ugly it is, and it certainly is lacking greenery.  However, Fort Irwin has the most beautiful sunsets every single day.  The sky lights up in bright pinks, purples, oranges and blues.  I tried to capture one on camera, but it doesn't even come close.  So days when I feel like I need more color than brown and beige and brown, I know I can just wait until evening!
Secondly, I have to say what a master Lego builder Tyler is.  He builds all kind of things, usually space-rockets like this one.  But they are always so amazing--you can't tell in this picture, but it is perfectly symmetrical and has several layers to it--it's about 1.5" tall--and in between layers he has left spaces strategically and on and on.  He really is talented.  I doubt I could build like he does!
Okay, don't look at this picture if you don't have little kids.  But I had to show it.  Jacob was so proud of himself.  Now this refers back to my title--it can't be this easy.  Ever since the day I said he went poop the first time he has not had ANY poop accidents and only had a couple of pee pee accidents.  And I haven't even done anything!  He just tells me when he has to go, I take him, and he goes!  No fear, no whining, just sits down and does his thing.  It is amazing.  I've been afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing it, but it has been almost a week now!  I guess this is recompense for his first year of life (for those of you who forgot, Jacob screamed almost non-stop for his first year and a half...).  Hooray for Jacob!
And to round it out a few pics of Maggie, or "Mags" as Jacob calls her (I know, the boys keep giving her different nicknames).  She is so smiley now it is so fun.  I can always (almost) get her to smile, she's definitely a momma's girl.  The boys don't have as much luck.  But she is just the most precious little thing when she has her big smiles.  I can't capture her cuteness on camera, but let me assure you she is as cute as can be!



She is really chunking out too--her big chipmunk cheeks are so kissable!  She is about 13 pounds now!  And is starting to outgrow her 3 mo. clothes!  Man, they grow fast.  Anyway, happy day to all!

5 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Wow, Kelly.....what great news about all 3 kids!! I can't believe that Jacob is practically potty training himself.....hooray!!! And it's wonderful that Tyler is so interested in making great Lego objects, rather than just wanting to play video games! And of course Maggie is excelling at her best talent....getting cuter and cuter each day!!

Love you,
Mom

Hillary said...

Way to go Jacob! What a HUGE step! And, Maggie, what can I say, SO SO SO cute! I am just sick I kiss and kiss and kiss those cheeks.

Genni said...

Hey Kelly! What an adorable little girl! I love her name! And what a beautiful sunset. It was the sunsets in Arizona that I loved as well. Now that we are in Seattle in loads of green..it makes us appreciate it all that much more!

Morgan said...

First- Yes, Ft. Irwin sunsets are simply the best!

Second- That is a killer spacerocket.

third- totally gross picture!!! But so cool that he is picking it up so quickly. I need the secret. Em won't go near a toilet.

Lastly- Maggie is seriously to die for! She is SUCH A DOLL!

Katie L. said...

Wow! First of all, that is a really gross picture...but I am proud because we "kind of" worked on it when he was up here! :) Second, Maggie is SO cute! I love her smile! Tylers legos are also awesome. I remember you telling me about them and you were right!