Saturday, January 10, 2009

My favorite Boys


Well, I know most of you that read this blog are family and have already (or soon will) see these pictures but I just loved them so much I had to pic a few to put on.  I must thank my sister-in-law Katie for taking them!  These are a few more pictures of the boys playing in the snow in Utah.  Tyler loved it so much and is already asking to go back!
Eric was so great while we were there.  He was out with the boys all the time--it was too cold for me (although I could use the excuse that I couldn't take Maggie out in it...)!  Jacob loved the 4-wheelers.
And this pic is my favorite.  All my boys, happy as can be!  What fun.  Now it's back to the grind.  You know with kids it is always something.  They always seem to be in some annoying phase and once they get over one thing, they move on to another.  Tyler's current phase is waking up at 5 a.m.--no exaggeration--and waking up everyone in the house.  I hear him from his room, "Jacob, Jacob!  Wake up!"  Then the two of them skip into our room asking for waffles.  We've tried it all--saying they can be up as long as they stay in their room, telling Tyler he has to wait until the sun comes up/clock says 6 a.m., threating punishment (I am not a happy camper at 5 a.m., especially after already being up twice with Maggie), I am fresh out of ideas.  I am at the point of hoping against hope it will end soon!  I guess it will just make me appreciate the nights I do get to finally sleep again...whenever that may be!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I am laughing, becuase we went through the same thing with Nathan. Put a digital clock in his room. Tell him has to stay in his room until the clock says 6:30. We also would put a small bag of dry cereal by his bed, he could eat that in his room as long as he stayed in there until 6:30. Nathan's punishment for coming out early was no morning cartoons, maybe Tyler's could be no waffles for breakfast. Can't wait to see what the next Swenson trial is. Wish someone had a 10 year old to help me with!!!!

Morgan said...

Such cute pictures!

Gracey goes in and out of waking up at 5am. She does come in though and wakes me up so I can cover her back up. I am not a happy camper either at crazy hour of the nights. Last night I was SO MAD that I said they will not get bunk beds until she learns to stay in her room and not wake us up for stupid things. We will start a sticker chart I think. When she gets to about 100 stickers (about the time we were wanting to get the beds anyway) then we will set them up. Give or take a month, I DON'T CARE as long as she lets me sleep!

And that is my novel-length comment! Sorry. :(