Sunday, September 28, 2008

When it rains it pours...


Well, September has been a pretty rough month.  With Kelly cutting her hand and her aunt passing away suddenly, we have even more sad news.  Kelly's grandmother, Geraldine, who was loved so much by everyone who knew her, passed away today.  This is a pic of her with Tyler, needless to say it was taken a few years ago.  She was a kind and gentle woman and we will miss her so much.  Her health had been failing gradually over the past 4 years and had gotten exponentially worse in the past week.  I am glad I was able to go up and see her one last time, even though it for as sad an event as my aunt's funeral.  We are making plans to go up to the bay area again in a few days to attend her funeral service.  It kind of feels like I can't even catch my breath and relax before another sad thing happens.  Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayer with everything.  

4 comments:

Katie L. said...

I am so sorry Kelly! Your grandma was the cutest and sweetest person! The times that I had met her she always had a big smile on her face! We are thinking of you!

Morgan said...

Boy, I would sure say it pours! I am so sorry! :( Your family is on our minds.

Unknown said...

Eric,

Sorry to hear about Kelly's grandma and your Aunt. Your family is in our prayers. However, I am glad we found your blog. We need to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Jordan Rolfe

Hillary said...

I am so sorry! I don't think I ever got to meet your grandma, but all grandma's hold a special place in our hearts! Good luck this week and we are praying for you guys! And I am really praying that your luck changes soon!!!!!