Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Updates updates updates...

I know everyone is wondering about the status of my upcoming surgery.  It is scheduled for Oct 24th.  That is past the 6 week mark the doctors told me to have it completed by, but they couldn't do it any sooner so it is what it is.  I am, of course, concerned but hopeful for the best.  The silver lining is that Eric had already taken that whole week off of work to go hunting in Utah.  So he will be able to be there for the surgery without having to rearrange schedules.  That takes a little pressure off.  

Incredibly, I have a little bit more sad news.  I found out the other day my best friend, Mindy, is moving to Utah in a couple weeks while her husband is in Iraq.  I certainly don't blame her, but am having a little bit of a pity party for myself.  She is such a great friend, the kind you can always count on, the kind you can just stop by to hang out with.  Plus, her daughter is Tyler's best friend and Tyler is devastated.  This is the second good friend we've lost since we've been here and the whole thing just solidifies my resolve to get out of the military.  I am not strong enough to do this for the next 20 years!

But I must say, life is good.  Despite the challenges lately, I look at my life and think how lucky I am.  Eric has been so great and my kids (despite the times they drive me nuts) are so fun and sweet.  The other day Tyler was sitting at the table and starts going, "mlah, mlah" in a weird voice.  I just watched him, then he turned to me and asked, "how does Chewbacca talk?"  I busted out laughing.  He is VERY into Star Wars.  Hence, Jacob is copying him and everything he picks up becomes a "trooper gun" or "light saber".  I can't wait for Maggie--maybe I can finally stop watching Star Wars and watch Cinderella!

No comments: