Monday, October 20, 2008

Jacob's New "Pet"


My boys keep asking me for a pet, dog, turtle, fish, whatever.  However, the last thing I need is something else to take care of (although Tyler insists he would care for whatever pet he got---right....).  But I am starting to feel a little guilty because for the past week Jacob had been "walking" his yo-yo to the bus stop every morning.  He holds onto the end of the string and lets the yo-yo drag a couple feet behind him.  He says to me the whole way, "Look mommy, I takin' yo-yo for walk!" or "C'mon yo-yo..."  At the same time it is completely pathetically sad, it makes me (and everyone who sees us) laugh....

5 comments:

Katie L. said...

Oh that is just sad. At least get him one of those stuffed dogs with a leash of it's own! Ha! I was wondering, can you send me some pictures of you guys and the boys for mom's calander. Thank you! Oh, good luck on Friday!

Hillary said...

Oaky, that is the best kind of pet to have! Don't give in!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

I am with you on the pet thing, and I read this and just laughed. Ashley usually has random pets or she becomes the pet! The only way to go with pets!!

Morgan said...

Jacob is quite the creative guy!! A yo-yo definitely makes a great pet.

Robyn said...

Kelly--found you on Hillary's blog! So glad you are doing this it is fun to see how you and the boys are. I am so sorry about your hand--the first thing I thought was she plays the piano! I'll add you to my blogroll.