Friday, May 28, 2010

Pictures pictures pictures...

I know I posted only a week ago, but at that point I realized I haven't taken many pictures lately so this week I tried to be better...and there were lots of photo ops!

The other day Maggie was playing with her doll again. She would lay it on the ground with her blanket, walk over to the closet and shut herself in it, of course, after saying, "Bye bye" to her doll. It was so funny. She must have done it 20 times. I don't know if she thought she was putting it to bed or going to 'work'.
Jacob had his birthday party on Saturday. It was really fun for the kids. He got some good presents and they all had a blast. No birthday cake though. Jacob hates cake, and I thought long and hard about making him one anyway just because. But, Jake insisted he didn't want one, he wanted "M & M cookies and green ice cream." So I skipped the cake (after all, it is Jake) and made cookies (which he didn't eat anyway) and served mint chip ice cream. Not too traditional but yummy nevertheless. Jacob still doesn't believe me when I tell him he is 4. He laughs as if to say, "Silly mom, you are such a nut!" Then tells me, "No, I am THREE!"
Eric is in Washington DC for the week so I went my mom's for a few days. The kids always have tons of fun. She has a fun hot tub in her backyard with a rock waterfall. The boys love to climb up to the top and play.

I also bought a bubble machine that was a hit. Maggie was fascinated....
She kept sticking her fingers in it and breaking it!
She is still cute though.
We went to a museum called, "Pretend City." It is pretty cool--there is a whole "town" complete with restaurant, post office, grocery store, beach (sand and all), house, construction site, garden, arts and crafts center, etc. The pics got a little out of order so here is one then more to follow....
One again, atop the waterfall (turned off this time). I worry a little about them up there, but with 2 boys and one on the way I have realized if I accept 2 things my life goes much smoother. 1) They will get dirty, very dirty. and 2) They will get hurt. My job is to try to keep the dirt outside and make sure that if they do get hurt they won't kill themselves. The fact that Jacob is still alive today is quite an accomplishment by anyone's standards.
My mom has a little toy dog that walks and barks. Maggie is in love with it. Maybe it is time to get a dog? Naw.
They were playing ring around the rosy and Maggie loved it.....
However, if she was slow to "fall down" Jacob took care of it--you can see him here coming after her to knock her down.
More Pretend City--they even have a place to paint on the wall!


Maggie trying to feed the baby chicks Ritz crackers through the glass.
Last of all, Maggie's latest "totally annoying but totally funny" thing is her obsession with the vacuum. As soon as I get it out she plops herself down right in front of it and starts grabbing at it. I have tried moving her but then she just walks back over to where I am trying to vacuum and sits down in front of it again. She has no fear of it at all--I push it up to her while it is running and she will lean over and lick the light and pat the top. I wonder what she sees as so fascinating? All I know is that it takes me 10 times longer to vacuum because I have to keep moving her around!

1 comment:

Jeri Calder said...

Who has the cutest grandkids in the world?????

ME!!!!!