Friday, May 21, 2010

Drumroll please.....

Well, I suppose I've been eating too many frogs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails........it's a BOY! Now I am not going to lie--I know it's taboo to say, but I am a little bummin'. I REALLY REALLY wanted another girl for many many reasons but alas, it isn't to be. Good news is that the baby looks great and healthy as far as they can tell. My belly isn't faring so well--I look huge for only being half-way there. Oh well, I guess by number 4 I can't be too hard on myself. Though it is pretty pathetic when you think your maternity clothes feel a bit snug. So now it's time to pick out a name....Eric is really pushing for Gus, but I keep reminding him this isn't a mouse from Cinderella. Tyler is reading this over my shoulder and just suggested the name Chunk--"You remember, like from the pirate movie, 'The Goonies'?" I am pulling mom veto on both of those. If I'm the one who has to get fat and actually HAVE the baby (Jacob told me last night to go to the dentist so he could take out the baby) then I get at least 65% say in the name! And just for reference Jacob's pick is Hunter. Sad that my craziest kid comes up with the most normal name.

I haven't taken any kid pics in a while (Jacob and Maggie have had pink eye--gross!) so photo ops were few and far between. Plus don't you think it is so frustrating how hard it is to capture the essence of your kids' cuteness on camera--a nearly impossible feat. Especially with Maggie now because she will be so cute and I will get out the camera--the next thing I know she sees the camera and runs up to it so I can't get any pictures. Ugh! Here are a few my mom took when she was out a while back...



Don't let the angelic smile fool you--she is just trying to lure you into her sweetness before she turns into The Pest-icator!

6 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Well, I guess having 3 boys will just ensure Maggie's position as PRINCESS of the house!!

Morgan said...

Corky and I would most certainly call him "Gus Gus", adding some nasal to our voice for effect! Congrats on another boy! :)

Genni said...

Didn't know you were expecting...Congrats! Three boys will be so fun..bwahahahaha.

Boian Family said...

Congratulations. I understand the disappointment (I wanted a girl with both Tyler and Ryan) but it goes away quickly. You are going to have your hands full. Congrats again! Give those adorable kiddos hugs and kisses from the Boians. Miss you guys!

allison nadauld said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You know, you have the exact family make-up as mine growing up. I loved having three brothers!

Hillary said...

At least you have one girl..and you can spoil her. Tell Eric Gus is a horses name! Can't wait to see you and the kids....1 more day!