Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A few thoughts on Motherhood and Life...

Sorry all the pictures are first...I messed up when I was doing this....a few pics of Maggie to start--isn't she getting big?




I just wanted to post a few thoughts on motherhood and such.  With three kids running around crazy, a lot of the time I feel not like a 3 child parent, but like the ring-master of a 3 ring circus! My days get filled with the drudges of life--wake up, get boys fed, Tyler off to school, Maggie fed, grocery, laundry, Jake nap, pick up Tyler, soccer practice, and on and on and on.  I never feel like I am "finished" with what I need to do.  Managing 10 things at any given time.  You all know how it is.  And at times I think that I can't wait until my kids grow up and become more independent.  But then there are those moments when my children are just playing sweetly, Maggie is cooing and I look at them and think my heart is going to burst out of my chest because I love them so much.  I had one of those moments that make it all worth it--we were sitting outside on a beautiful day.  Maggie was in a bouncer chair cooing, Tyler was jumping on the trampoline and Jacob was laying underneath the trampoline on his giant stuffed lion giggling.  It was a really sweet moment.  Of course, a few minutes later, we were back to the circus.  

I have to say that in these rough economic times, Eric and I are doing all we can to stimulate the economy...if you catch my drift.  Yes, we bought a new car over the weekend--a Toyota Tacoma.  Eric wanted a new truck and we wanted another car that the boys at least could fit in.  So, I won't go into details, but we ended up with new truck.  Later that day I was reading the owners manual and realized how soft technology has made our minds--under the troubleshooting section where it said what to do if the keyless remote entry doesn't work.  Guess what it said?  "Use the key."  Haha!  I joked with Eric about it but he said that Tyler saw one of the keys for the new truck that wasn't attached to the keyless entry remote and asked Eric, "Daddy, how can you unlock the doors to the car without the button?"  He was genuinely concerned.  It was cute.

Also, look who learned to ride his bike!  He is getting really good at it--so fast I couldn't even get a clear picture!  Jacob sat in the car and watched.  Tyler even rode his bike all the way to the bus stop this morning!  Hooray!

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

Post a picture of the truck, I want to see it! Way to go Tyler! I wish he could ride with Ben, they would have a ball! Maggie is SOOO cute! I can't wait to see her in less than a month! Yahoo! And you guys of course!

Hillary said...

Oh I just love seeing pictures of Maggie! You could post a new one every day and I wouldn't get sick of them. I am with Katie...I want to see a picture of the new truck! Way to help out the economy.