Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Destroyer

To start things off on a light note, here's Maggie this morning.  She is so smiley and I swear she gets bigger every day (at least her head does...)





Among other things, Jacob is know at our house as "the Destroyer."  For some unexplained reason (maybe pent up angst from not getting enough juice boxes), Jacob feels the need to destroy everything he comes in contact with.  I have multiple books with pages or portions of pages ripped out of them, which is why we never go to the library anymore...on more than one occasion I have slyly taped back up a book in hopes that the rips will escape the librarian's eye.  Every book with flaps, well....let's just say they no longer have flaps.  Many DVD's have been thrown in the trash because Jacob gets into them and runs them along the floor until they don't work anymore.  We've also had to "put down" some toys because Jake broke them (including Professor Darkness, the arch nemesis of Ace from Planet Heroes, Chewbacca and an innocent plastic frog--to name a few--who all had limbs ripped off by the Destroyer).  A glass bug jar--this one happened right in my entryway, and of course it had a few bugs in it I had to re-capture.....a new jar of pickles (you all remember this from a couple months ago--the "pickle-tastrophe").....the covering on our patio chairs (okay, this was already wearing thin but it was useable until Jake got his finger in a tiny hole, pulled and...well, you can imagine the rest)...and so many more instances I have lost count.  I think I repress them so that I don't sell him to the gypsies.  This picture is of his latest reign of terror...  a harmless package of colored chalk was sent to its doom.  I just bought this box of chalk a few weeks ago now that it is getting warmer.  They didn't even make it through March!   When I came outside I saw them all over the patio, then Jacob backed up, got a running start, jumped and stomped right on every piece he could see.  That one picture I got of him doing it is priceless.   I guess I just have to resign myself to not owning anything nice until he grows up.  Just another joy of motherhood....

As an added note for those who already read this, I forgot one other thing he destroyed---he put gum in the DVD player.  Yep, it's broken (luckily it is our old one...).

5 comments:

Genni said...

At least he's cute right? I always say that Emma is still with us today b/c she is so darn cute, other wise I would have fed her to the wolves.

Jeri Calder said...

What a little stinker that Jacob is!! I'm looking around my house and wondering what mischief he will get into here next weekend.....I think it's getting harder and harder to keep one step ahead of him! He is definitely 150% pure boy. But he is so darned cute, that's for sure!

Hillary said...

Oh the joys of children! Sounds like Josh to a T. We have learned that dollar store toys are the best for him, becuase they only last a few minutes anyway. Jacob is all boy and that Maggie...I just wish I could see her. She is all girl and SO SO cute!

Katie L. said...

Poor Maggie has the Swenson head...but she is SOOO cute you can't help but love her! I am shocked to hear that Jacob ripped pages out of books...no way! Ha! I wanted to cry for you but laugh at the same time reading this! Can't wait to see you guys!

Morgan said...

Captain Destructo for sure!!! He is so funny!