Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Family Fun

Maggie is definitely awake more now, as you'll see here.  She is a decent baby, but has a few fussy periods.  She still wakes up a lot at night so I am tired!  The first week or two was actually okay...I guess I was running on endorphins or something, but now I am exhausted!  The boys adore her though...I drove Tyler to the bus stop about a week ago an he got out of the car and brought all his friends over.  He opened Maggie's door and stood in the doorway, announced to everyone that this is his baby sister Maggie and they all took turns, one at a time, stepping up onto the running board and looking at her--there were 6 or 7 kids!  Tyler was like a tour guide or something.  It was so funny and sweet.  
I love girl clothes!  They are so much cuter than boy clothes.  When I had just the boys I used to tell myself I thought boy clothes were cuter....but I was fooling myself!  Now that I can actually buy girl clothes and have a reason to look at them I can objectively say they are way cuter!  Of course my babies almost live in sleep n' play outfits for the first couple months, but even they are cuter!
Here's a pic of Daddy holding his little girl.  So far Maggie is a daddy's girl.  She loves to be held by him, as you can see it calms her down...
We had to buy a few items so took a trip out to Victorville over Thanksgiving weekend (the closest place to do any real shopping besides a ghetto Walmart in Barstow).  We went to Supertarget and I lost track of the boys for a minute in the sporting goods section and this is what I found.  They put the helmets on themselves (note Jake's is on backwards) and were rolling baseballs to each other.  They looked so funny I had to snap a picture...   This next shot is from the weekend too--we went to the drive-in movie in Barstow to see Bolt but stopped for dinner before we went.  At the restaurant Eric noticed some toys in Jacob's pocket.  So he started taking them out.  He took out a toy, then another, and another and another and on and on...until finally, 15 toys later, there were no more.  We were laughing so hard I was almost crying.  As you can see, Jacob was very proud of his stash and made us put them all back in his pockets.....and then I did the laundry the next day and of course forgot all the toys were in there.  Luckily no damage done, but I remember thinking how loud the dryer was--it was all the toys banging around.  I guess I need to be better about checking pockets--with my kids I am sure I'll find a dead frog or something in my washer someday!

6 comments:

Katie L. said...

She is so CUTE!! I recognize an outfit from Sam's Club...they are so darling! Jacob cracks me up! I just laughed and laughed at his helmet picture and then his stash of toys...Ha!

Morgan said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! And how about Tyler being such a proud big brother? What a sweet kid.

Jessica said...

Maggie is so cute! I can't wait to hold her. Your boys are hilarious. Cory is jealous you have a drive in movie "close" by. He said he never thought he would be jeaulous of the place you live but he found something!

Jeri Calder said...

I loved all the pictures and funny news! In my completely unbiased opinion, these are the three cutest kids in the world!!

Hillary said...

Your boys make me laugh! They remind me a lot of mine. Maggie is so cute! I just wish we lived closer so I could dote on her.

abbie higginson said...

Hey, I am an old friend of Eric's. I have never looked at your blog before and just decided to off of the class blog. Your family is darling! Your oldest boy looks JUST like Eric did when he was little! Please tell him "hi" for me, and have a Merry Christmas!

Abbie Jensen