Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Miracles!

You will never believe.....   It's a Christmas Miracle!
Who would have thought, snow at Fort Irwin!  It is Christmas miracle #1.  I took these pictures about an hour ago and it hasn't stopped snowing every since--there is probably over an inch of snow on the ground!  We will have to have the boys play outside after school--even though they don't have snow clothes.    Next is a silly picture of Maggie--she looks kind of funny but look...she's walking!
Okay, my pictures are out of order, but here are the boys outside before school trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues--this is before it started sticking to the ground...  They loved it--I know they will be so excited in Utah!
And our 2nd Christmas miracle--Tyler got a special phone call yesterday from Santa Claus!  We didn't get a chance to go see Santa this year but he did make an appearance at our branch Christmas party.  Unfortunately he left after only a minute or two--he's a busy man this time of year--so Tyler didn't get to talk to him.  He was so sad, I felt so bad.  So I called in a favor to the big man himself and he gave Tyler a call...   Tyler had a huge grin on his face the whole time!  It's just too bad daddy wasn't home to see it.... but we told him all about it.  ;)  By the way, Tyler's lips are blue because he was eating a blue candy cane.  
One funny thing Tyler said last night--he didn't eat all his dinner but wanted a cookie.  I told him he had to finish his food if he wanted a cookie.  He looked at me with an exasperated expression and said, "But mom, I'm not hungry for dinner, I'm hungry for cookies."  Duh, mom.  Moms just don't understand.....

2 comments:

Morgan said...

No way!!!!!!!!

The last time it snowed at Fort Irwin was over 4 years ago, just after Gracey was born!! I hope that storm comes our way.

Jessica said...

I bet you loved the change of weather!