Saturday, May 21, 2011

Who's the Boss?

Life has been really busy these past few weeks, but the house is getting put together and that makes me happy! I will post some pics soon, but today I just wanted to share a couple funny things.

A couple days ago Tyler said to me, "Mom, did you know there is a boy at school who like the color hot pink?" I responded, "Really?" Tyler: "Yeah, he said he likes hot pink because he likes hot girls." I had to pause for a minute and let that sink in...that a 7-year-old class mate of Tyler's is talking about hot girls. Then, just to see how innocent my sweet little boy is, asked, "What's a hot girl?" Tyler: "It's a girl who is really really cute." Oh dear..he's only 7! Boy am I going to be in trouble...

Jacob's birthday is in a few days. I asked him what kind of party he wanted.... He wants a rhinocerous beetle themed party. Could you expect anything less from Jacob?

Then this morning I overheard the boys talking at breakfast. Jacob said, "I am in charge of myself." to Tyler. Then together the boys discussed the topic. It didn't take them long to come to the conclusion (Tyler is saying this): "Maggie's in charge of Joey, you (Jacob) is in charge of Maggie, I (Tyler) am in charge of you (Jacob), Dad's in charge of me, and [pause for effect] mom is in charge of dad." I have trained my little padowans well.....

3 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Be sure you inform Eric about the hierarchy of your family, just so there's no confusion!

Hillary said...

Love it! You taught them well!

hapi said...

Hi The Swensons, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog