Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've got some catchin' up to do...

Where does time go? It seems like the older I get the faster and faster it passes. I promise to make an effort to post more frequently! We're mostly settled here in our new house. A few things left with the house but they are small, and the yard is in the process of completion. It still looks like an empty dirt plot but now there are sprinklers under that dirt. Hooray!

It has finally stopped raining so much and the kids have been loving playing outside. They are getting pretty creative too....notice Jake's addition to his scooter.... Yes, those are deer antlers.
Joey is growing like a weed. I don't get many pics of him, partly because I am busy but it is mostly because he starts crying whenever people leave his side. So he will be doing something cute, but as soon as I get up to get the camera he starts crying...and that means no more photo-op of cuteness. But if he's around people he's usually relatively happy. Big smile, love it. And he has the BEST laugh of any little baby, as you will see later.
Noteworthy happenings: Jacob learned to ride a 2-wheeler. It took about 2 minutes. Nice. Now we can't get him off his bike!
There was a little carnival at Tyler's school. Lots of fun activities. Here are the boys jousting. I am thinking about buying one of these for the basement--you know, as a way for the boys to work out some aggression.
There was a little "train" made from a tractor pulling these cute cars....
Jacob turned 5! He had a party with old friends, new friends and family. It was great. The prize for favorite present goes to Aunt Jessica and family with the pillow pet alligator. He does love all his presents though.
As I mentioned the yard is currently under construction. Uncle Cory has been over doing the sprinkler system for us. What's great about Cory is that even though I am sure he'd like to just get the job done, he always takes the time to let the kids have some fun--Tyler got to drive the Bobcat and here they are getting a ride in the bucket...
We went out to Winger's restaurant last week or whenever (my brain is in some kind of time warp) and my kids were TERRIBLE! And when I say that, I mean it! Usually my kids are just okay at restaurants. Not great but not horrible, after all, they are only 1/2, 2, 5 and 7. I can't expect little angels. But they were downright devils! It was so bad it was comical. Literally Eric and I were laughing about it--only because we were at an early lunch and we were the only people in the place. I did catch them in a sweet, quickly fleeting, moment.
Tyler is playing coach pitch baseball. He is really enjoying it and doing well. I will take some pics at the next game--I usually have to drag all the kids to the game by myself because Eric is still at work so picture taking takes a back seat. But I did get this great one at a game Eric was able to attend--Joey loved hanging on to the fence. It was the only way we could keep him happy. Look how cute...
Besides a bunch of dirt, my backyard also has a big hole--actually it is all ready for the in-ground trampoline. But it looks like the kids don't care about the jumping, they have just as much fun playing in the hole!
I couldn't find Maggie yesterday and I found her in the garage. She had put her helmet on herself....
We went to a fun park and had a picnic with cousins. Just a few snapshots....

All Maggie wants to do at the park is swing....the whole time.
Joey's first time on a swing; he liked it!
Tyler on a spinning seat--they spin by themselves and make you (me) very dizzy!
And today I made a chocolate cake to bring to a dinner at a friend's house (yes, i am starting to make friends...hooray!) and I walked in the kitchen to find this... little stinker.
And last, but not least, do you remember earlier when I said Joey has the best laugh? Here's the proof...

2 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Oh,, happy day! You updated your blog! I loved all the pictures. You certainly are very busy all the time.....I hope someday things will calm down in your life. Maybe you should reconsider installing the trampoline.....you might find a good use for that large pit in the backyard....just put the kids in it and put some kind of netting over it so they can't get out! That might give you a few hours of peace.

Boian Family said...

Wow.... you guys have been really busy!! Sounds like you guys are settling in and enjoying Utah and civilian life!!! Joey's laugh is just too cute! Can't believe how big the kids are getting! Miss you guys!