Monday, September 6, 2010

Where has the time gone?

I swear, it feels like we just moved here a few months ago and already we are in the final stretch. Assuming Eric doesn't deploy (fingers crossed) we will be out of here the very beginning of April! I am a little behind--here is the picture of the boys' first day of school...Tyler in 2nd grade, Jacob in Preschool...To those who don't know when school actually started this probably seems about the right timing, however, school at Fort Irwin starts INSANELY early, as in OVER A MONTH AGO! We are no longer in the phase of getting going in school, we are talking math, spelling, writing tests, etc. I am just a little behind in posting the picture. Both boys are loving school...as is mom.... I refuse to post pictures of myself because I look, well, 9 months pregnant. Which I pretty much am so I guess that's okay. Here is a look at my belly...
Okay, okay, so that's not really my belly. But I feel like this little boy is kicking that hard. He is so active--he is ready to come out! If I come as early as all 3 of my other kids, that means this little guy (still unsettled on a name, can you believe it?) will be born on Sunday, THIS Sunday! As in 6 days from now! Holy moly. Didn't I just find out I was preggers anyway? It has ZOOMED by.

No doubt the "zoom-iness" comes from just being busy with the three other kids and life in general. A week or so ago Maggie tumbled off the edge of the trampoline and landed on her head (yes, we do have a net but it doesn't work very well when your kids are outside of it--mental note taken). She cried and Eric and I didn't think much of it, Eric picked her up and after a minute he took his hand off her back to look and see if she cut her head or not. As soon as he did her eyes rolled around a bit and she started collapsing backwards. FREAKED ME OUT! I took her to the ER to make sure she was okay. Long story short (too late) she is fine, was probably just seeing stars. Phew! Here Mags is in the ER. Not a happy camper. And yes, she was in her pj's when she was playing on the trampoline--don't judge me, it was 7:00 in the morning. Hey, if your kids got up at 5:30 a.m. you'd try to fill the time before school too!
On a good note, Tyler won a special award at school for exemplifying the character trait of the month, "cooperation." I was very proud of him. He is such a sweet boy and is always thinking of others...Jacob excluded, of course.
We spent the long weekend at my mom's, as one last hurrah get-away before freedom disappears for a fourth time. The kids had a blast, as always. I didn't take any pics, but my mom took a few when she took them to feed the ducks. They loved it.

My mom also took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese while she let Eric and I go out on our own...pretty sweet deal! Thanks mom! My mom found out that Maggie loves salad, or, more accurately, loves to lick salad dressing off lettuce. What a mess!
Well, I know I missed tons of fun stuff, but this will have to do. I will try to be better about pictures and posting, who knows, maybe next time I post we will have a new addition!

2 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

I am only being honest when I say I have the CUTEST grandkids in the world! Love that picture of them on the first day of school.....it's great that Jacob is dressing himself now....note the upside down sock on his left foot! The boys are still a little timid around the ducks, but Maggie was doing her best trying to catch one....she is fearless!!

Hillary said...

Cute Cute kids! I have to say that the pregnancy picture is messed up....gad it wasn't you! Glad Maggie was okay. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of my new nephew!