Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our New Toy!

Before all the baby pics, I have to show you the helmet Tyler and Eric made. As you can tell by the crazed look in his eyes, Tyler loves it! Please ignore the inside-out backwards shirt...So our new toy is the hit of the house! Actually, the kids are very sweet with baby Joey. They love to look at him and hold him. It is sweet but a little nerve wracking since Tyler is really the only one who can hold him without assistance. The problem is that Jacob and Maggie don't want help holding him. So I sit right next to them very tense until I take Joey back! As you can see, we are all enamored with him.
You can kind of see his hair too. I think he will look like Tyler...maybe.
Maggie is the most obsessed of all. She thinks it is her baby. She wants to hold him all the time. She is very soft with him, most of the time, but if she his holding him and you try to touch him she will freak out and start yelling at you, "No no! Don't touch! Go 'way!" and hits your hand repeatedly until you comply.
But of course we have to give all the kids a turn...
And here is Maggie's reaction when we take him from her... classic. I think she is already coming into her terrible two's. She is being a real pesticator lately! I am going to call her Little Miss Bossie Britches. And I love the look on Jake's face....
Isn't he sweet? Now just got to get him sleeping! Ugh, aren't he first 6 weeks torture!?! That's why Heavenly Father makes them so cute...so you won't throw them out the window when they are up all night. We still love you Joey!

Lastly, today is Eric's birthday! Happy birthday! He has been such a champ this week with the kids--getting them ready for school, even packing lunches and remembering to turn in Tyler library books! I am thoroughly impressed and very grateful for his help....now the question is how do I manage next week when he goes back to work????

5 comments:

Boian Family said...

He is adorable and it is very sweet how much the other kiddos love him already! I love the picture of Tyler looking at Joey, sooo much love :-) Wish I was there to take the kiddos off your hands next week. I am sooooo happy for you guys. Congratulations again!!

BTW love the hat!!!

The Jeppson Family said...

I think Joey looks a lot like Tyler in that last picture!

Jeri Calder said...

Another incredibly sweet little one joins the Swenson family! Little Miss Bossy Britches does sound very appropriate for little Maggie, doesn't it? Good thing she is so darn cute! I don't know how anyone can manage with 4 little kids, but you are an amazing woman and I know you'll do fantastic. And I'll be there next week to help (and spoil the kiddies) any way that I can.

Jessica said...

What a cute family. Your are lucky you have so many helpers!

Hillary said...

He is SO cute! I can just see Maggie being the little mom! What a fun family!