Saturday, September 11, 2010

School Pictures!

Yes, my Tyler has been in school long to enough not just to already have his school pictures taken, but to actually receive them! Isn't he cute?
It took my utmost skills in bribery and cajoling to get him to wear what he calls a "button shirt." He is ADAMANTLY opposed to them in every way and refuses to wear them on anything but the most special occasion. But I managed--and even managed to convince him not to bring a t-shirt to change into after the picture was taken. Although the first thing he did when he got home was to run upstairs and change his shirt. It's too bad--he looks so handsome in them!

He also has a crush on his best friend Emma. It is so funny. I certainly don't encourage it (he is only 7 after all--girls should still have the cooties to him) but apparently there is no stopping him. He is head over heels. Tyler and Emma have grown up together here as both of them have lived here for the past 3 1/2 years. He is always making pictures or cards for her (usually Star Wars related--I'm sure she is swept off her feet) and bringing her stuff. They have a mutual arrangement that they can get married because Emma loves horses and we plan on having horses someday (you should've heard that conversation between the 2 of them), even if Emma did have some doubts about their relationship seeing that she is 3 months older than him. But the funniest thing was the other day Tyler runs in the house home from school and says, "What is Emma's phone number, I have to call her!" I asked why but he wouldn't tell me. I told him the number, figuring he wanted to ask if she could come over but he runs upstairs. I called him down (I was ignored) and after a minute he comes down and hands me the phone. I asked him what it was all about and he says something along the lines of, "Well, I heard that Emma liked this other boy and he has a crush on her and I wanted to know if she had a crush on him, but she said she doesn't have a crush on him." Ummmmm.....I know Tyler isn't a "fighter", but a "lover" at this age? He's got me worried a little until he pauses and says, "Mom, what's a crush?" I had to giggle. So concerned and he doesn't know what about! Mindy (Emma's mom and my best friend) calls me later and says on her end she hears Emma saying adamantly, "NO, Tyler, no, NO, no, I don't, no.....no." Then looks at her mom, rolls her eyes and sighs, "Boys!" Tell me about it, Emma. Tell me about it.

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

Bahahahahahahaha! That is so dang funny! He is quite the ladies man! Ben got his first "love" note from a girl and he was so bothered by it!

Boian Family said...

That is too cute! Those are definitely two sweet kiddos. Kyle received a love note last year from a girl in his class and he was a little perplexed, he said he doesn't have the time or the money to have a girlfriend yet ( he has been listening to his Aunt Shannon)and he wanted to know if it was ok if he just married me :-)

Hillary said...

That is hilarious...I am still laughing. You'll have to watch out for him. My boys still don't seem to care about girls yet, and I am fine with this! I can't believe you got Tyler in a button shirt! He looks great