Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I wish I could write a letter...

Eric's big joke with me is, "You should write a letter!" whenever I am annoyed at a company for any reason--defective product, poor customer service, product not as advertised, etc. I have done it in the past and it works pretty well. I think I inherited this from my mother, who is also a stickler for getting what you pay for. I happened to be on Facebook (my bi-annual sign-on) and saw this posted from an old college roommate--I whole-heartedly agree!



Dear Daylight Savings, I am writing this letter to inform you the product you gave me was defective. It has resulted in my children going to bed an hour later, waking up an hour earlier and my husband staying at work an hour longer. I think it was rather presumptuous of you to assume I wanted an extra hour to begin with. Thank you for your time.....but you can have it back. Warmest Regards, ~Lianne



Received your letter. Our policy is no refunds, returns, or exchanges until your purchase is about 6 months old, at which point we will actually force you to return the product, whether you like it or not.
Yours forever, DST

4 comments:

Morgan said...

That is hilarious! Here in AZ we don't change our clocks....and I like it. While I kind of envied the extra hour sleep others got, I soon realized that I have kids and kids don't care about daylight savings.

My friend said the funniest thing to me "Daylight savings is like cutting the top part of a blanket off and sewing it to the bottom to make it longer ... dur, that's retarded."

allison nadauld said...

I saw the funniest song on Jay Leno about this very thing. It's on my cousin's blog if you want to get a good laugh (Brandt Bloggings--click the link). Great letter by the way, you should send it in!

Hillary said...

I totally agree!

Jessica said...

Amen! Although Cory comes home earlier when it gets darker!