Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Here she is!






Maggie is here!  Here are some pictures--I will also sum up for those interested in how it all went down.  She was born on Friday night at 8:04 p.m.  It was crazy--I started having irregular contraction around 4:30 p.m..  Tyler had a school carnival which he was dying to go to so I figured I had a while and we went.  Well, after being there half an hour we left because the contractions were coming every 2 minutes and getting really strong.  I started timing them at home and it wasn't too long before we headed to the hospital.  I got checked in at 6:45 p.m. and asked immediately for my epidural.  I was dilated 5 cm and the nurses said the doctor was on her way, hooked me up to an iv, etc.  I kept insisting on getting my epidural but they kept telling me to just breathe and when the doctor arrives she will put in the order.  I was in serious pain, and finally told them I had to push.  I know they thought I was being a baby since I was only a 5 when I arrived and this was less than an hour later, but they checked me and lo and  behold I was 10 cm and my water was "bulging" as they called it.  They told me to push if I had to, even though the doctor wasn't there, but I could tell the nurse was a little worried.  Well, I pushed and my water literally exploded across the room about 5 feet--no exaggeration.  The doc walked in, I pushed, out came her head, one more push out she came.  The doctor didn't even have a gown on!  It was over quickly but let's just say I would much rather have an 8 hour labor with an epidural.  It was torture.  But I feel better now and have recovered faster than the other boys--probably a combination of the labor being so fast and not having drugs.  Plus, we have sweet, wonderful little Maggie.  She is healthy and the boys adore her.  Hopefully she will be a nice calm little girl.  Anyway, we miss you all and hope you enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Wow!!! She was anxious to get here wasn't she? She is precious! I just want to squish her. Congratulations again! Love and miss you guys!

Jessica said...

She just wanted to get out! She is a cutie! Can't wait to see her.

Katie L. said...

SO cute! I can't wait to see her! She looks like she has chubby cheeks...or is that just the newborn look??? Either way, she is a doll!