Monday, July 21, 2014

Girl's Trip!

Last year, Maggie and I decided to take a girl's trip up to Seattle to visit my sister Carrie and her family.  We had so much fun we decided to do it again this year.  We flew up there a few weeks ago--Maggie certainly felt special taking a trip with mom, leaving those silly boys at home.  She loved every minute, starting with the airport--moving sidewalk awesomeness.  We made it there despite a bumpy ride on the flight and began our few days of fun.  Maggie got to see two of her cousins--ones she could play with an boss around!  Boy did she love that.  Seattle is a great city--beautiful weather while I was there and tons of great food.  We went out to eat a lot...a LOT...but that's what vacations are for!  

We also went out to Snoqualmie Falls and did a short hike to see the waterfall up close.  The hike was like a cool nature walk.  The girls had fun trying berries and playing on trees.


 After that we went to a place called Triple XXX Rootbeer Drive In.  Best rootbeer ever.  We ordered some shakes and, what else?  Rootbeer floats!  Look at the size of Maggie's float!  I decided to help her out finishing it, just to be nice.  Although if I remember, we couldn't finish it even between the 2 of us!
 We also went to a fun beach area.  There was a park there too.  The beach part was rocky and it was too cold to swim, but boy did we have fun finding cool rocks and shells!  We even discovered that when you turn over a big rock there would be tons of little tiny crabs that would scatter all over.  Maggie, Sam and Kate filled the air with squeals of delight every time!
I wish I would have taken more pictures, but alas I didn't.  But it was a great trip.  Relaxing and wonderful to spend time with my sister and her fam.  I have to give a shout out to poor Becky who sat and watched the girls most nights so Carrie and I could go out just the 2 of us!  I think this could be the start of a girl's trip tradition!

1 comment:

Jeri Calder said...

This is definitely a great great tradition that you have started! And a much needed "girls only" break for you and Maggie!!