Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy Anniversary to me...

Well as of today Eric and I have been married for a {mostly} blissful 14 years.  When I told that to my kids they couldn't believe it, in the sense of it is a longer amount of time than they can even comprehend.  ("You got married in the 1900's!?!!?!" said Tyler).  To celebrate we picked up Eric from work and took him out to dinner...yes we had all the kids but since they are a byproduct of us being married I figured I could take them.  The kids, of course, ordered food they didn't eat (but if we didn't order it for them they would say they were starving....) and fought over the limes in my soda.  We were talking about Christmas coming up next week and what the kids wanted if they could only have one gift.  Tyler described something I got him when Maggie was with me.  Maggie whispered to me that he was talking about the thing we got.  I told her yes but to not say anything to anyone.  The boys kept asking what it was and who it was for--I turned to Maggie and told her to keep her lips sealed.  I told her DON'T even say who it is for!  She gave me a knowing smile and turned to Jacob proudly and she said, "Jacob I can't whisper it in your ear because Tyler might hear it."  Whoops.  At least he doesn't know what it is--except that he was talking about the thing he wanted so if he's clever he will put 2 and 2 together.

A couple weeks ago we made candy trains with some friends.  Gingerbread houses are too hard to stabilize so I carry on a tradition my mom did with us and do trains instead.  So much fun to put together--and even funner to eat!!!
 Maggie decided to play dress up the other day, and I suppose Joey felt left out because next thing I know he comes downstairs asking me to button him up....
I always wanted another little girl....  (By the way, he wore it for several hours....)

1 comment:

Jeri Calder said...

Happy anniversary!!! That little Maggie is a riot, never a dull moment with her around. I hope you enjoyed your "second daughter" for the few hours she was around!!! I remember so well making the candy trains with you and Carrie for Christmas....glad to see you are carrying on that tradition....and it's so fun to eat all the "mistakes" isn't it???