Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pics galore...

I am short on time so lots of pics will make up for a lack of words. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Jake asked a question I couldn't answer today. He looked at the speedometer in the van and asked what the highest number was. I said 160 mph. He said, "Wow, this car can go that fast!" I told him I didn't think the car could actually go that fast, and even if it could we could never drive it that fast because it's illegal. He asked, "Well then why do they put the numbers so high?" Seriously, right? Why do they? Like I am going to drive 160 mph down the road in my MINIVAN!? Yeah, I bought that car for speed...

A few of you have been asking to see pics of the house. It will come slowly, in installments (because I can't seem to keep it all clean with the kids running around). Here are pics of the office (to the left when you enter) and the dining room (to the right--a completely superfluous room but it came with the house so what are you gonna do?--actually we have used it several times already...)
Joey's new favorite place to play? In the innards of my paper shredder garbage. Ugh. One more thing I have to keep up on top of the desk (along with the garbage).
Last week Eric was playing football with Ty and all the neighborhood kids came to join. It was so cute to see Eric making plays with the kids. The kids all had so much fun. I've got the coolest hubby!

Even though there are only a few kids shown there were about 8 kids here...playing football in our tiny yard!

On Monday we met some friends at the Red Barn. It is a little south of our house and they have a pumpkin patch and stuff.
We all got to take a hayride down to the pumpkin patch.


We let the kids each pick out a pumpkin. It turned out to be way colder than we were prepared for. We better get used to winter quick...it's coming!
Here are most of the kids. They had a little kid-sized "corn maze." It was really made out of that wood behind them, but they loved it. Plus it was easy enough for them do to alone, I've been stuck in a corn maze once--they can be impossible to get out of! Of course I didn't call 911 like a lady did in Utah the other day!
By the end of the night it was FREEZING and poor Joey was wrapped up in Ty's jacket (I guess I should say poor Ty...) I love Joey's face here. He's thinking, "Why in the world am I out late in the pitch black and freezing cold? You do remember I am a baby, don't you?!?!?!"
The hayride back to the barn from the pumpkin patch.

Inside the barn they have the world's best ice cream...literally. Lots of treats and HUGE pumpkins. Look at the size of that thing.
It was a fun night with friends, pumpkins, treats and hayrides. How could we go wrong? Definitely a yearly tradition for us...starting now.

4 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Great pictures! And the best of all was that one of little Joey with a bright red nose and cheeks! In spite of the cold, looks like you've all been having lots of fun.

The Jeppson Family said...

Yay! Pictures of the house. Sitll looks as awesome as I remember it:) I miss Utah with all it's choices of pumpkin patches...I think there are like 5 or 6 down I-15 alone? I can't find a single one here! (not to surprising) I am still on the hunt and am resisting the commissary pile. They are out anyway. Can't wait to see the kiddos in their Halloween costumes!!!

Boian Family said...

Wow an actual house that you can decorate and stay put in!!!! Yeah for you guys!!!! We are still moving every few years, but we are making the most of it. Don't you just love pumpkin patches. We have been doing one every year since Kyle was about 2. We even did one in Victorville, if you can imagine that. Looks like you guys are doing amazing!! The kids are growing like weeds. Miss you guys!

Morgan said...

All the pictures are great! It's fun to see how the kids have grown so much and are so playful! Looks like they are making some good friends. The pictures of the house are beautiful too!