Saturday, October 1, 2011

Catch Up

Okay, it's time to play catch up. I usually don't wait so long between posts but I guess I've dropped the ball here. Really our lives have been made up of school, football and soccer. We did take a break to hike Stewart Falls. Me and Tyler and Jake went with Jessica and Cory and their girls and Grandma Sharee on this fun hike. The boys loved it and thought they were very "outdoorsy". It was a good hike and the falls were cool. The kids had a blast playing in the water to cool off.Joey's been keeping us busy too. His favorite spot of destruction is this kitchen cabinet...
He always heads straight for it and pulls everything out that he can. You think I'd learn and stop putting stuff in it, but I haven't yet. I figure it is something safe for him to play in. Kids are going to get into something and if he's satisfied with this instead of chemicals and dishes (he already broke one of my nice Corningware dishes) then so be it.

He did have a birthday on September 18th. My baby is ONE! I can't believe it. We had family over for a BBQ and had lots of treats. He was fascinated by the candle on the cake and kept trying to grab it. Me and Uncle Cory were on the ball so no burns.
He loved to look at the cake but, wouldn't you know, he wouldn't put a bite of it in his mouth. Just like his brother Jake. He was a little leery of the presents...
But maybe that was just because he was accosted by all the kids. Poor little guy!
Last weekend we decided on the spur of the moment to borrow Craig's boat and go fishing. The kids had fun, but there wasn't a fish to be seen. Of course, me kids are always happy when there is yummy snacks around.
Tyler is looking more and more like a legitimate fisherman!

And in-between all Tyler's football games we have Jacob's soccer. He LOVES it. He hustles the whole game, gets right in the action and is doing so great at it. I love it--watching a bunch of kindergartners play soccer is really quite entertaining.

Well, that's all for now. I will try to be better about keeping up. But pretty much if you are wondering what we are up to, I am either at a football game, soccer game, cleaning up after the kids, making them food or doing laundry. Yep, sounds about right! And having a whole lot of fun in between!

2 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

Sure loved reading your new post! Your life is busy and full, that's for sure. Between hiking, fishing, sports and birthdays, you've got lots of things going on....and lots of memories are being created. I'm so happy that Jacob is now old enough to play soccer! And i'm thrilled that he loves it and is good at it, too!!

The Jeppson Family said...

OHHH Swenson's! Joey is 1!! time goes by so fast! I love Stewart falls, glad you did too. I have lots of fond memories as a kid hiking those falls, then we took the girls when Hannah was 2 1/2. She threw a fit about a "block" into the hike and wouldn't move another inch. Matt ended up carrying her the rest of the way and back. Good times!! Everyone is looking so grown up :)