Sunday, January 9, 2011

Funny Story...

Two funny things happened yesterday. First, we went down the the outlets to do a little light shopping. We realized after a while that Maggie had lost her shoe. I retraced our steps, went into all 4 stores we had been in looking around and asking salespeople but no one had seen it. Eric and I resigned to the fact it was lost, but considered ourselves lucky we were at the outlets so we could buy her a new pair (the outlets are the closest place to buy kids shoes--and they are an hour away!). We headed to Skechers and found the exact same pair she had (we love them) and bought them. Then we had Jacob take the lone old shoe and toss it in the garbage. Not 5 minutes later I was searching for something in the stroller and lo and behold I found, in one of our shopping bags, the other lost shoe. Ugh. So I ran back to Skechers while Eric got the kids in the car. I didn't see where Jacob threw the other one away, but Eric said it was in the garbage can under the ladder inside the Skechers store. So I hurry back, and start digging through the trash can under the ladder...no shoe! I wondered how it could have disappeared so quickly--until I turned around and saw 6, count them...6 ladders with trash cans underneath them. Oh brother. By the time I was digging through the 3rd trash can a salesperson suspiciously asked, "Ummm, can I help you?" I explained and we finally found the shoe in the 5th can, of course. I returned the new pair.

Then later we stopped at McDonald's for dinner to keep the kids happy for the long ride home. I guess to preface I should tell everyone that Jacob talks loud. And I don't just mean a little bit, or sometimes, he ALWAYS talks VERY LOUD, almost like he is shouting all the time. It is annoying and funny at the same time. So in McDonald's he was explaining that he wanted, "CHICKEN NUGGETS WITH THE SAUCE AND FRENCH FRIES TOO AND A MIXED SODA!" Eric and I laughed a little and I replied, mimicking his loud voice, "OKAY JACOB!" Then Jacob gets quiet, looks and me and says, "Mom, you don't have to yell."

2 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

So my daughter has resorted to rummaging through garbage cans for used shoes? Ha, ha. That must have been quite a sight!

The Jeppson Family said...

Oh Kelly, I am convinced that kids are the spice of life!