Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fairytales...

I am convinced that the person who wrote "Cinderella" had to be a mother. A mother of little kids. Kids who, though are fully capable of doing things on their own, insist on calling, "Mom! Mo-om! MOOOOOOMMMM! MOM, MOM, MOM!" for every little thing. Jacob is the biggest culprit, though Tyler does come into my room at 6 a.m. every morning just to tell me he is "just going to the bathroom"--so glad he wakes me up to share that. But yesterday Jacob was in a particularly "Mom-calling" mood. Every five minutes I heard him call for me, and if I didn't answer 5 seconds BEFORE he called for me he would call repeatedly and insistently--"Mom?" "MOM!" "MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM" You get the idea. It was driving me a little bonkers and I kept picturing in my head the song the mice from "Cinderella" sing--

"Cinderella, Cinderella night and day it's 'Cinderella', do the dishes, do the shopping, they always keep her hopping.....She goes around in circles 'til she's very very dizzy, still they holler 'Keep a' busy! Cinderell-y".

I totally sympathize with poor Cinderella. I told Jacob that I was changing my name from 'Mom" to 'Fred.' He looked at me quizically, then after a minute said, "Mom." Ugh. I told him I was taking the rest of the day off--doesn't Cinderella get to do that? Maybe in fairytales.

1 comment:

Jeri Calder said...

Since it seems inevitable that the kids are going to keep calling for you all day long, I think changing your name periodically will at least add variety to your life! hang in there, Fred!!