Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fun Stuff

These are my newest Halloween toes.

Maggie's favorite new thing is walking, but she needs help. She LOVES to do this! In fact, don't even start if you don't want to do it for an hour. She will scream as soon as you stop. I got tired of bending down all the time so I enlisted the help of Tyler. Works almost as good!
Tyler took this picture. Watch out!
Notice anything special?????
She finally has enough hair to hold a small clip, as long as it has a no-slip grip glued inside of it. Yeah! So what did I do? I ordered about 15 clips off of etsy.com (great homemade stuff) for her to wear now!

Tyler took many many pictures of himself...this was my favorite...
Look who found a new toy! Yes, it was the entire roll. And yes, I am so cheap I actually picked up and semi-folded all the big pieces to use. Why waste an entire roll of toilet paper? I am sure it will happen again anyway. So now all my bathroom not only have the garbage cans on the counters, but the toilet paper rolls too.
We had a "Beatles Rock Band" party with our friends, the Larsons. We took turns, kids and adults. The kids loved it. Here they are playing their favorite song, "Yellow Submarine." It was so fun!
Last week we went to California Adventure and "Talked with Crush" (so cool by the way for those who haven't done it). They have a big screen out into the "ocean" and Crush the turtle actually comes and talks with the kids. How they do it I will never know. But now, both of my kids have gotten to talk with him, and for both times something funny happened. Last year Crush asked Tyler what his favorite food was. He shyly mumbled what was supposed to be "peanut butter and jelly" but what everyone heard was "Pee and jelly." Crush thought that was a little odd. Well, Crush called on Jacob to ask him a question. I whispered in Jacob's ear, "Say, what is your favorite food?" Jacob then responds into the microphone, "Ummmm...chicken." Crush said, "Chicken?" But he was quick on his feet and asked Jacob if everything on land tasted like chicken. What did Jake say? "Yeah." So my question now is....why can't I get Jake to eat chicken?

6 comments:

Morgan said...

The toenails are way cute and the kiddos are way cute! (I love the one of Tyler's self portrait!)

Did you buy the Beatle's Rockband? Or do they have just the game to go along with the old one?

Jeri Calder said...

I love the bow in Maggie's hair! You have waited a long time to be able to do that. Darling pictures of darling kids!! I love them all.

Hillary said...

Maggie's hair is SO cute, I love it and her big blue eyes, wow! The other pictures were great, but you know Maggie's are my favorite.

allison nadauld said...

Can I just say that I can't paint a toenail without thinking about you. You always had such tiny and intricate toesy toppers...love 'em. Your kids are really darling Kelly.

Genni said...

What do you use to do the designs on your toes? They look great. And I so remember the days of cleaning rolls of toilet paper...sometimes a whole roll stuffed into the toilet...good times....good luck...haha.

Katie L. said...

I took a picture of my toes and I will email you it when I get it on the computer! Your kids are so cute! I can't wait to see them in a few months!!!