Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Carpet Polish


So guess what I spent 1-1/2 hours doing this afternoon? Cleaning up an entire crushed bottled of RED nail polish off my carpet. One of my children, who shall remain nameless (except that his alias is "The Destroyer") decided to take 2 bottle of nail polish and smash them together. Of course the one that shattered was O.P.I. red. A true bright red and also an $8 bottle of polish. It was new so the entire bottle spilled all over Jacob, me, my chair and mostly my poor innocent carpet. To make a long story short, after trying hundreds of combinations of chemicals (and filling my house with toxic fumes in the process) a combination of warm water, 100% pure acetone, hydrogen peroxide and a good scrub brush was what finally took most of it out. It literally took me well over an hour (the splotches covered a good 2 sq.ft.) but it looks good now. Although, I used all my acetone on the carpet (the chair is unsalvageable--thank goodness for slipcovers) so my hand, food, Jacob's hand, foot and stomach are all covered in red. It looks like we had a visit from an axe murderer. Jake's clothes had to go straight to the trash. (oops--guess I gave away who the culprit was...) Luckily he only got a few scratches. Actually he truly is lucky because I was painting my friend's toes at the time--her presence most likely spared the child a good swat on the bottom and an eternal time-out. Lucky kid.

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

Ohhh!!! That made me mad just reading it! Good luck with that kid! :)

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh! So lucky your friend was there...I would have totally lost it! Glad you got it all out!

Jeri Calder said...

Your life with Jacob around is certainly never dull, is it? It's just about impossible to keep a step ahead of him....who can imagine what he will think of next?? Too bad it's not Halloween night, then he'd look perfect like he was covered in blood!!