Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thanksgiving Adventures

Well this first picture really has nothing to do with our Thanksgiving adventures, but it does have to do with our adventures at home.  I happened to be outside a couple weeks ago and turned to the field and saw a horse that I had never seen before!  I thought to myself, "Whose horse is this??  And how did it get into our field??"  Upon closer inspection, I realized it was Crazy Alice!  She had rolled in the dirt and completely covered herself in black dirt except for her white head.  Yes folks, this horse is normally completely white--
 I would hose her off (because she loves that) but once we are done hosing her off the first thing she does--every time--is immediately go roll in the dirt...  ugh.

But we did have a fun Thanksgiving jaunt down to Moab.  Since it was just us and Eric's parents we didn't really feel like going through the whole hoopla of making a big dinner.  So we hightailed it out of town to the beautiful vistas of Moab.  We hiked out to a few arches--including Utah's famous Delicate Arch.  The trails were fun because they were a lot of slick rock that is fun to hike on.  Tyler found a fun spot--no one will miss these cairns!
We hiked out to Delicate Arch and it was neat because we were able to go right up to it and touch it, etc.  It was neat to see it in person after seeing it on almost every picture depicting Utah!  
 We also found a crazy huge sand hill--this picture doesn't even depict how tall and steep it was.  I think it was the favorite spot for the kids for the trip (except maybe the hotel pool).  It was, however, not my favorite spot because I'm still finding red sand in my car...  

 On one of our hikes we stopped to use the restroom (read: glorified outhouse) and Tyler and I were laughing at the sign of "instructions" inside on the wall...

 HA HA HA!  Not sure who actually needs these instructions but they must be there for a reason!  I think the janitor must have gotten sick of cleaning up after people's misunderstanding.

Another cool arch was landscape arch.  They do not allow you to walk up to it anymore because several years ago a huge chunk collapsed off one side.  Luckily no one was hurt, but it is getting pretty thin on that side and possibly dangerous.  But it was still cool to look at.
 We found an "arch" that was really a hole in the rocks above us.  We dubbed it "Toilet Bowl Arch" because that's pretty much exactly what it looked like.
 Strike a pose...
 We are so lucky where we live because it seems like we always have beautiful sunrises and sunsets but last week we had a particularly beautiful one--these I snagged with my camera so they aren't as spectacular as they were in person, but it still looks just like a painting!

 Even though I got all my Christmas decor up, it took me until a couple days into December to realize I didn't have an advent calendar this year.  I wanted something cute so saw this picture online and voila!  Stockings of goodies for each day until Christmas!
 And like we did last year I took Maggie and her friends to a BYU production--this year was "Into the Woods."  The first half was awesome--the second half....a little weird.  But enjoyable nonetheless.  Ad the girls had a memorable night so that's what counts!


No comments: