Thursday, August 23, 2012


End of Summer Fun....

We've had another birthday in the house!  Tyler turned a whopping 9 years old on July 21st.  9!  He had a fun party at home with friends.  We rented an outdoor theater system and had the party in the backyard--the kids watched "Zathura", ate popcorn, had treat bags and punch.  They all had a really good time.  It was a late night though!  

 Look how fast my little baby is growing!  I can't believe he is going to be 2 years old next month.  He is losing his baby face and looking more like a little boy now.  Boo hoo.
 We spent a week down at my mom's house in California.  I decided to fly down this time instead of torturing myself with the long drive.  Since I spent my trip money on airline tickets we made the activities of the week cheap.  That meant going to the beach a couple of times.  It worked out great because the boys had a blast at the beach.  They had a particularly good time boogie boarding!  Tyler was getting particularly brave getting out in the water and riding those waves.  It was so fun to watch!
 My little (big) surfer dude.

 Riding in one his waves...
 Waiting for a good one...
 Jacob like boogie boarding but had more fun tromping around the beach.  He dug an awesome hole--so deep it started filling with water from the bottom!  Cool!  I would have gotten a picture but it got destroyed by a giant wave before I got the chance.
 I got tired of watching the boys so figured I'd bury them in some sand to keep them in line.  They enjoyed it....
 That is, until Joey decided to get some little brother retribution by kicking sand in their faces.
 The boys riding in at the same time!
 We also went to a little mini amusement park called Adventure City.  It is just right--just the right size for spending a few hours, only kid rides and just the right price too!  The kids had a blast.
 Except for the last ride--it is a small drop ride.  I made the boys go on it.  You can tell by their expressions they are none too happy with their mother...
 And as summer break ends, thus school begins.  The boys started school on Tuesday.  First day smiles!


Great summer, great kids, great life!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

The boys look so handsome! My question is, how did you get Tyler to wear a button/collared shirt?

Jeri Calder said...

I have the same questions as Hillary.....Tyler in a button/collared shirt? I had to look twice at the picture and check my glasses! Your trip out here was just the best, totally fun in every way, every day!

Boian Family said...

Very handsome boys!!!! Looks like you guys had a fun-filled summer. Summer vacations sure do fly by :-(