Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Family Fun

For Mother's Day this year, Eric got me (and installed) a porch swing.  I love to sit in it.  I can relax there and watch the kids play.  They love to come and sit with me.  Maggie and Jacob like to swing it particularly hard which makes me a bit nervous but so far it hasn't fallen!  Last week I was sitting in it relaxing and saw this...
 Tyler decided to play ball with Joey.  It was so cute.  Joey LOVED it!  He would get so excited when Tyler would throw the ball into his mitt.
 Isn't that cute?
 What a sweet brother.  It was so fun to see them play nicely.
 So as I have swung on my porch swing lately, I realized I needed a little pop of color.  I had a nice chair Grandma Barbara gave to me, but the only problem was that it was a dark metal color that blended perfectly into my house so you could hardly see it.  I needed some pizzaz.  So I bought a can and spraypaint, a cushion on clearance from Target, and voila!
 It looks adorable and I love it love it love it.  Plus it only cost me about $12 total.  Can't beat that!

This past Friday night we went up to Strawberry Reservoir to go camp for the night with Craig and Sharee and Kaylee and Ashley.  We slept in Craig's house trailer.  Well, slept might be an overstatement.  There was one among us who was convinced he was being attacked by crayfish all night long (Tyler).  He kept waking us all up screaming, "They're all over me!  Get them off of me!  They are climbing on me!  AAAAHHHHH!"  It would have been funny if it wasn't at midnight, 2 a.m., 3 a.m., and 4 a.m.  On Saturday we spent the morning on Grandpa's boat fishing.  The fish and game people (whoever they are) have tagged a fish in Strawberry.  Whoever catches it wins $25,000!   We kept trying and every time someone got a fish on Eric was convinced it was THE fish!  Alas, no winners for us that day, but we did catch a grundle.

Joey enjoyed driving the boat.
 As did Jake.
 Sadly, here is the only shot of me in what I suppose is the last 2 years.  I guess mom is always behind the camera!  But I did catch a fish!
 Even Maggie was getting in on the action.  She didn't have the patience to catch one but Kaylee taught her how to cast and reel in her fishing pole so Maggie spent about an hour just doing that.
 Land ho!
 Eric got the dirty job of cleaning out the fish at the gutting station.  Tyler was fascinated with all the guts and innards but wouldn't try it himself.
 He sure loves to fish!
 Here are the kids with the haul.  Not too shabby!
All in all a fun trip.

1 comment:

Jeri Calder said...

Loved loved loved those pictures of Tyler playing ball with Joey!