Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Fun

Did you know that I live in a castle? It must be a castle because there is a princess who lives here. I can prove it, I got a picture of her eating Goldfish crackers in her Cinderella ball gown...On to more annoying things, when we first moved in there were some sparrows building a nest above our porch. They were working so hard and were almost done so I decided to let them be. Biggest mistake of my life. Little did I know they would have 5 babies, who would then grow into birds themselves, and all 7 of them together would create the biggest poop factory anyone has ever seen. It is truly a shame bird poop isn't worth anything--I'd have been a millionaire. I caught a pic of the little rascals before they flew the coop. Mom and dad aren't home right now...
You can bet that nest was knocked down the day those birdies could fly! I won't make that mistake next summer!

For the fourth of July we went to see the hot air balloon show in Provo. Eric was running a race so we decided to get up early and go with him. While he sweated blood and tears we sat enjoying the show, but unfortunately right as the balloons were getting up the wind picked up and they had to take them all down. A bit of a let down.
But we still had a good time hanging out. Plus we went out for breakfast after and anytime my kids get pancakes and bacon they are happy campers.
We also took a little day trip (day for us, overnight for others) up the canyon. The kids had a blast exploring and riding in the Rhino. Maggie was particularly cute, as always.
She loves the Rhino so much she spent most of her time climbing up into it and buckling herself in even though there was no one to drive her.
Back to home, I was upstairs and happened to look over the balcony and saw this...
Now what do you think could possibly be so enticing as to entertain all four children at once? My iPhone. Best money I ever spent! Even Joey was in on the action. It was so cute.

2 comments:

Boian Family said...

Kiddos are getting so big! Love the last picture, so sweet. Hope you guys are doing well! Miss ya

Jeri Calder said...

Maggie is just the prettiest little princess I've ever seen!!! With 3 brothers, she deserves to be a princess. Wow, that must truly have been a very rare moment....all 4 kids playing happily with one iphone????