Sunday, August 16, 2009

A gaggle of kids

Blog, blog, blog, the honeymoon is over.  Complacency is setting in.  You are becoming a drudge, a ball and chain.  But, I have committed now.  We'll push through this.  We'll try lots of pics and little narration....

Here is Tyler at my mom's house this past weekend.  He was suspicious of the goose--I think it threw him off when it squawked, "Aflac."  Or maybe it was giving him the evil eye...
Magster was making some new friends.  Here they are discussing the fabulous taste of soggy bread...soggy from slobber or pond water apparently makes no difference.
And by request, a couple pics of our new sectional--the color is a little darker than the pictures...

Look who's crawling now!  It's a little off though--both arms come forward at the same time, then the legs shimmy up, arms up, shimmy legs, arms up, shimmy legs, imagine that repeated about 5 times then cry and flop down in frustration and fatigue and you've pretty much got it.
Dude, I am so awesome.  'nough said.
And look who is already indoctrinating our children...
I must say this one has a pretty good cast.  Because, you know, I totally know about fly fishing technique. 
First day of school!  I am late in posting this--this was way back on August 6th....AUGUST 6th!  Who starts school on August 6th?!?!?!?  My boys do.
I just did my toes last night.  I wanted something funky.  I got it.
Last note, on the drive home from my mom's last night the boys were watching "Mary Poppins" for the first time (I know, they are boys, but we thought we'd try it).  I had forgotten how long the movie is and there are many parts that today's kids just don't really get.  I mean, what the heck is "tuppins a bag?"  (No need to comment--I know what it means now).  The boys did not enjoy it but we told them they had to finish it at least one time through.  After a while Tyler says, exasperatedly, "This movie never ends...who keeps rewinding it?"  It was a long day but that did solicit a chuckle from mom and dad.  It's amazing how kids age you but keep you young at the same time.

4 comments:

Jeri Calder said...

I loved all the pictures.....I had been waiting and waiting for those first day of school pictures! All the large white geese at the park were really interested in Maggie, wish I had caught a picture of them when they were all circling around her stroller, and she was totally unafraid....unlike Tyler who always kept his distance from them. Your new sofa looks great!!

Erin said...

At least she goes forward Will is still going backwards...he's our late bloomer.

Hillary said...

Love the pictures...especially Maggie crawling. The couch looks great and a lot more soft and comfy than leather, right! Love the toes too, I think I am going to try a design this week, we'll see what happens.

Unknown said...

Hey Kel...love all the pics and the commentary...you really are so clever. Oh and I love your toes...did you do them yourself or have them done. I loved them!!